+ Flying with Wrigley was easier than anticipated. The most difficult part of the whole weekend was waiting at the gate prior to getting on the plane. He was so squirmy!
- Driving on highways that aren’t well lit is extremely annoying
+ Seeing Christina (one of my best friends from high school youth group) was overdue and so welcome. Even though we haven’t physically been in the same place in almost 4 years, it was as if no time had passed.
- Wrigley and Collins (Christina’s dog) were obsessed with each other from the moment we walked in the door.
- E being sick was probably the lowest point of the trip. Thank goodness for CVS Minute Clinic.
+ Franklin really is the cutest small town in Tennessee. AND the chicken salad at Merridee’s was some of the best that I have ever had.
+ Nickel Creek killed it. E has seen them live 15+ times and he said that this is the best he has ever heard them sound. They played (almost) all of my favorite songs, and the Ryman is one of the best venues I have ever been to. Also, if you haven’t heard my favorite song of their new album, I suggest listening to it now.
- Dog owners that can’t control their animals at the dog park.
+ Brunch at Husk was out of this world. I’m still thinking about the sliced country ham and pickled green tomatoes. If you are ever in Nashville, this is one restaurant that you shouldn’t absolutely make time for. (Plus, our waitress was named Elyse AND she brought us free champagne for my birthday. Both plusses in my book)
+ Jeni’s Ice Cream. Enough said.
- Breakfast at Jackson’s was disappointing, but sitting outside in the sun with the pup was a plus.
+ An easy trip back to DC without any travel mishaps.
+ Already planning (mentally) our next trip to Music City